Home > FAQ
What is RUCS?
- Rural-Urban Connections Strategy is a look at the region's growth and sustainability objectives from a rural perspective.
- On the bottom of each page of the wiki there is a public comment form. You can also send us your comments.
- As each paper is drafted they will be posted to the wiki for review and public comment. The project papers and public input will inform the research project and findings to be shared with the SACOG Board.
- Land Use and Conservation: Policies and Plans That Shape Rural Areas
- The Infrastructure of Agriculture: Challenges to the Production Process
- Economic Opportunities: New Ways to Grow Revenue
- Forest Management: Building Up Economic and Environmental Value
- Regulations: Navigating Federal and State Environmental Guidelines
- Each issue area will be the subject of a working group process gathering information from policy experts and stakeholders across the region. The first four open working groups will be focused on land use policies, rural transportation, regulatory reform and local markets & agri-tourism. Each of the working groups will meet three to four times to discuss:
- Current Conditions (in progress)
- Please visit the Get Involved page to subscribe to regular email updates on the RUCS project, learn about specific project workshops, or provide comment on draft research papers. The Get Involved page is also a good place to subscribe to policy committee agenda notifications for Land Use & Housing, Transportation, Air Quality & Climate Issues or Government Relations & Public Affairs; the SACOG newsletter Regional Report; or receive agenda on ad hoc committees in a variety of issue areas.